Friday, February 19, 2021

Fainting couch Refurbish












 I have had this  fainting couch for  years..and it is just too beige.. SO  I painted it with chalk paint.. Misting the  fabric first with water to dampen it.. then  I brushed on a thing wash of chalk paint and water.. 50/50  water and paint..  let it dry.. then lightly sanded it... a gently touch with fine fine sand paper.. You can also add some fabric softener to your spray bottle of water to dampen the fabric.. I then did a second coat of water/paint.. you  are more  dyeing the fabric than painting..this keeps the fabric from becoming stiff.. the light sanding  helps the next layer of  paint mix soak in and cover well.  I did a light light final sand once the  2nd coat was dry... I wanted to add a rub on transfer.. It did not go well. I was told to  wax the  settee first..let dry then rub on the transfer.. well the transfer would not stay on . it lifted and cracked.. Bummer .. it was so pretty..so I   was able to remove that with a light sanding.. So I decided to paint it with funky  designs.. I started on the back that was against the wall as a sampler.. I felt it was too bright.. so I did the rest in lighter colors..BUT its been months now..and I kinda think I liked the  brighter pop of colors. BUT I could  add more paint if I choose.. I will live with it and decided later..  I used  regular craft paint.. and  some of the paint was thinned just enough to be able to  shade and  leave details.. After it was done.I did wax it with liquid chalk paint clear wax..by just putting it on with a brush and  wiping it around with a clean white cloth..  NOT so beige now.. It does have a stiffer  texture.. more like old canvas .. But  I am fine with that.








No comments:

Post a Comment