Friday, February 19, 2021

Refurbished dress on dress form









 






I had bought this dress for this form years ago. it had a thin layerd tulled skirt over it.but it sun rotted from being  near the window for years....so I removed that rotted tulle several years ago.and it sat.. very blah..UNTIL.... I bought  10 yards of tulle netting and cut strips 6 inches wide  the width of the net.. just went all the way down the 10 yards cutting off 6 incg wide strips.. then I took a piece of ribbon and  looped two pieces of tulle layerd together over the ribbon and  pulled it tight.. I measure how many inches the dress for waist was..and filled that entire area with the tulle loops...then the  ends were used to tie the tulle skirt to the waist.. I cut 3 different sized  circles of polyester fabric 5 1/2, 4 1/2 and 3 1/2 .. You can use satin, organza , taffeta.. any thing polyester.. I  cut 1 inch slits on four areas of the circles so when i held it over the candle heat..NOT the direct flame..hold it higher where you feel the heat..that will cause the fabric to shrink and curl.. other wise you will singe it.. I hold the circles with my forcepts..or tweezers.. slowly turn the circle so the  heat from the flame continues to curl all around it. ..Once all the circles are  done  STart with a large circle (petal) and stack on top another  large.then add a few medium size ..then the smaller.. after you get a pleasing look.. pinch the bottom and stitch it with thread to hold it in place.. I used longer strips of green organza to make leaves and a ribbon look.. there are good videos on you tube for these flowers.  I hot glued the flowers  where I liked them.. I added the  longer peices to fill in.. I also had  a silk flower swag I cut apart and reused the flowers and the berrys as filler..  I have  rope lights attached to the form under the dress so I can use it for  mood lighting in my craft room.  The bodice of the dress already had the bling on it.. I think I paid $14 for this dress at Ross years ago..so after giving it new life.. I am so happy.. I reached under the dress and fluffed up all the tulle on the skirt too.

No comments:

Post a Comment