Friday, February 19, 2021

Sweet sewing case

  I don't have a before picture.. but this was an old sewing case that belonged to a dear friends Mother who has passed. It was a black case.. My friend uses it when she carries her hand sewing to a friends on quilt days.. She asked if I could doll it up.. I  painted it with white primer, then brushed on a pale pink chalk paint.. then I spattered it lightly with a darker pink.  I ordered the decoupage dresses from a place in New Zealand.. they took weeks and weeks to get here.. But they came in three sizes in each pack.. I picked two packs to be able to have a variety. I ordered the lining fabric from Spoonflower. They will also print any design you can up load to their site.. and this print comes in different sizes..  I was able to find a  few sewing themed things to add to it..The cute singer sewing machine cut out was made from a dear "sister" friend and it fits perfect on this.Thanks Sis Robin.. After I finished the decoupage  I sprayed the case lightly with clear coat to protect it.. then added all the goodies.












.and I used all kinds of ribbons and trims,   and tied them around the handle.. also wrapped the handle with lace..  I used a  cute  ruffled trim around the lid..and glued a tape measure on top of that.Also some cute bling buttons..  I added some old metal bobbins and  things in to the lace for extra fun. I am about to ship  it to her.. I sure hope it brings a smile to her face. We  met doing a craft show in the 80;s and have stitched and bitched together for years until I moved away.

No comments:

Post a Comment