Saturday, December 16, 2017

Holidays 2017 Inside Trees

I wanted to do a candyland theme tree this year.. and  used my old peddle car for the holder.. I had so much fun making the fake cotton candy, and  large lollipops by painting and adding glitter to styrofoam rounds. I added long  pieces of 1/4 inch towels with hot glue so I could have the candy stuck out at different angles..I used tootsie roll pops, covered with pastel fabric, and wrapped with clear paper. I took foam  hair rollers I got at the dollar tree, and then removed the plastic part, then I wrapped with pastel fabric and clear paper too.. I bought some fun suckers at walmart in the bridal party area.  I took styrofoam balls about 1" and added paint and some glitter..then wrapped them with clear paper and twisted the ends. I made fake cotton candy with quilt batting that was sprayed pink and fluffed up and wrapped around paper  cones. I  bought a bunch of candy necklaces..they were so small..more like bracelets, so I restrung them on long pieces of string for garlands. I added some sparkly  picks here and there and fake cupcakes and ice cream for the topper. I wanted it to be like Candyland with a  funky Dr. Suess touch. It makes me so happy !! I added some more cotton quilt batting spray painted lightly with pink paint, and tucked it around the  base of the tree.







No comments:

Post a Comment