Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Happy Holidays













I wasn't going to decorate this year.. last year we sold our big tree, the stand that spins it around..and we didn't decorate. Took a break. Then Robin over at Candy creek showed me her tall white tree with robins egg blue decorations..IT is so fabulous..check it out ! It made me think, maybe I would do a small tree..so I got a 3 1/2 foot white,pre-lit and went all pink decorations. Some pink pearls, peace, joy, believe, noel in white tin with pink glitter.. the crown sprayed pink and pink glitter too. The white dominoes with pink rhinestones.. they were to hard to play dominoes with..they tipped over..so I added some hangers to them..and added them to the tree. I took a pink feather boa, cut it up and tucked it in the branches. Had some pink and white polka dot ribbon, and the pink and white polka dot satin for the tree skirt I had.. so I threw the tree together on the cheap with so many things I was able to spray pink and add glitter to.. I had got this tray table for $3 last may.. scroll back on past posts and u will see it in black and gold.. I wanted it pink and white for the tree to sit on..but later I plan to paint flowers on it and antique it too. I have an idea for next years tree theme already. Thanks to Deb & Robin motivating me to get in the spirit ! I even decorated extra early, since we had planned to go to Utah for Thanksgiving...but due to my cold we couldn't risk my Mom-in -law getting sick , since she is still in chemo for her cancer..and has no immune system...and we leave here Jan.1 for 3 months at the beach in Florida... time marches on !

No comments:

Post a Comment