Wednesday, December 4, 2019

She Shed goes Bohemian

This post is late.. I get so behind.... Anyway.. I wanted to add a new twist to the  Lil' Pink, mostly to see if I could cool it off some.. it has no a/c or heat..so it is basically used in spring, early summer , and fall.. a few times in the winter if the suns nice it warms up and we can hang out there.. Well SUMMER comes it gets so HOT due to it being an actual green house kit.. and its so bright in there I have to wear shades, since the ceiling is the  poly roof panels.. SO off to the fabric outlet, 75 miles away... and found some fabric .. by the bolt..if you  buy it by the bolt..it is 50% off... score..so I paid  $1.25 a yard for the buttery, golden crinkle silky like fabric... I was able to drape it all on the rafters to give it a  flowy effect... I also found some silk/brocade looking fabric that was a little heavier for $2.50 a yard.. I didnt need that much.. so they also had trim for 10 cents a yard... wow.. LOve the Fabricut outlet.. its worth the drive... I sewed some pillows and a bed spread.. a gathered bed skirt, and draped draped and  draped and stapled for hours... Then I had ordered some silk umbrellas in child size 28 inches across... had my hubby cut the handles off..so I could hang them with fishing line right close to the ceiling.. I already had a bed net, and re used some things I had.. bought a cute Budda and add some bling to it.. some bright bird houses I had..and a lantern  I spray painted in bright green..my sister gave me  3 strings of lights to add more bo ho..A  fun mirror, another blue lantern, a silver tray for the buddah, and the jingle skirts from my friend MAye ... I threw some wrap skirts on the bed for the silky fabric, a leopard throw, a fur throw...for  more texture. . I really like the effect.. I ended up spending $125 for all the fabric and all the new cute things... It really helped the heat factor. I was able to be in it longer in the spring..and  we actually have been out reading in it this week. The twin bed is roomy enough so we can both stretch out, and read and nap.. cozy.so here are a few pics of it in the beachy before...and then the bohemian "after". I bought some pink smoke bombs to give Lil' Pink an extra treat on the  4th of July.......Hoping we have a mild winter so we can enjoy it some more... especially since we are staying home this winter and not going to FLorida.   Come on in, lets relax and  get our boho groove on... all Zen, All Day !




















No comments:

Post a Comment