Wednesday, December 4, 2019

A touch of Bohemian for the bedroom

Winter is coming... so many dreary, overcast, grey days are on the way.. In south eastern Oklahoma we get that often... NOW when we lived in Colorado we had so many more sunny, blue sky days in the winter.. and this winter we do not plan to go to Florida to chase the sun... SO I decided to add some bright colors for the winter... I will change the bedding, etc again for spring and summer.. But I am liking the switch... The new  quilt and fur throw came from Wayfair. I added some hand sewn  flower like things to the shams. I made garlands for above the bed, and  over the windows, using strips of fabric tied on to jute....many many strips of fabric. add some trim I had on had to the top of the garlands to give then a little more  boho  attitude.. Also the  wood folding screen we got at Amazon and we are using it as a headboard, since we  got a new king size bed this fall..and my old  queen bed frame didn't fit.. Added the fairy lights to the headboard. Pom Pom garland to the  bed skirt... sewed the bright pillow cases of flowers.. The end tables I used  Pioneer woman  tea towels, and on one I added Pom Poms ! The lamps have the pink led light bulbs from walmart..they have several colors ! The blue ottoman came from wayfair also. I recovered my  chair seat with some pink faux fur.  In the spring when I put my spring and summer bedding on, I will make more spring colored garlands for the windows and hanging areas.The walls are a pale pale pink. The birdcages on the wall came from Sams club years ago when we were building the house..my husband added lights to them and they are on a dimmer, for mood lighting..wink, wink ! It's so comfy and happy in there ... even when the sun is hiding out.



















No comments:

Post a Comment