Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Denim & pearls

Love the look of a denim jacket over a dress or with a tee.. dress it up, go casual.. I had a new Bill Blass Denim jacket that I never wore. Then suddenly I started seeing denim vests and jackets all over the place.. I took that  jacket out of the closet, and I bleached it, washed it, put some sand paper to it, to age it.. even  to a razor blade to make some holes.. It looks well worn and comfy.. THEN to take it up a notch.. I sewed pearls on the lapels and the  pocket flaps.. during my "aging" process some how a button came off the pocket. But I added a  cute little pin over the  pocket and  no one notices the button is gone.. I found me a denim vest online this week.. can't wait for it to arrive, so I can sew some more pearls.. I have some sundresses to wear with it this spring and summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment