Friday, September 7, 2012

Sterling Silver





I have a small collection of odd pieces of silver.. It started with a  few spoons from an antique store in Colorado.. nothing fancy.. just some old  cheap things..   Last year I decided to display them in the gathering room on the wall with the pretty sea turtle green paint..that looks more like Tiffany Box Blue. Recently they needed some cleaning, so  I decided to add new background to a couple.. I used anaglypta wallpaper scraps..and painted it with some of the blue paint, cleaned up the silver and back on the wall it went.  The silver is hot glued to the paper..so it's easy to redo. I took my husbands baby spoon, and got a fancy frame I had planned to use for something else, but that didn't work out..so perfect for his spoon.. I made a copy of his birth certificate, resized it so I could see the "Family History, and other words I wanted to show up.. glued that into the frame, added the freshly shined spoon ..and on the wall it went.  A few months ago  as my sister and I were cleaning out some things in her shed.. there was her silver she had put in a box..and some of it was starting to look pretty ruff out in a humid shed for so long.. she didn't have plans to use it..soo I was tickled to get it..and I took some of the pieces, cleaned them up, and with a box I found at Marshalls,  that  I added the anaglypta and paint to, her silver looks great.. I love how it looks on the wall. yes, I see one day a full wall of silver.. I do have some   silver in my art studio displayed on  a shelf, but I see a new vision coming..so the platters from my sisters stuff will be on display soon !! There is something warm and cozy about looking at silver.  

1 comment: