Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Bubble gum Betty

 I saw this idea on pinterest..NO instructions, so once I decided to try it.. I had to just look at pinterest and try to figure out how they did it..IT;s by Haliday Baubles, her decor items are outstanding.. lots of holiday wreaths for all holidays..she goes crazy on her  Halloween things.... I already had Dons Dads black and red bubble gum machine, so  I painted that pink and white first... Then I had started to gather bubble gums, and  things to decorate the head last Sept in Florida.. i couldn't find a top hat, so made that with leftover pink velvet.. Also the hair started as  batting/stuffing spray painted pastel pink and  green to look like  cotton candy... It also worked to  hold on the  other things  I glued on.. I had to paint a wig  form, and I know nothing about painting eyes and faces..but Youtube had a video for that.. Yes I did repaint the face twice to get it acceptible. Then, when I was ready to add all the stuff to Bettys head,,, I used  hot glue and e 6000..and then remembered ALMOST to late that e6000 will melt styrofoam.. soo when I added the bubble to her lips..it started melting the lips... she started to look like a blwo up doll..YIKES>. but i saved it.I remembered I had styrofoam glue just for this project I had stashed months ago..Her giant bubble gum bubble is a clear christmas ornament I put paint in the inside and coated the inside of the  ball... I  mean if I had not been able to save the head.. I would have thrown  it all in the trash, except for the  bubble gun nachine...  so here are some  during and after  pix.. also the  eye has a top coat of a clear resin type stuff to give it the look of a real eyeball.. It was a learning experience! I do not want to ever do another...There wre some serious UGLY stages, but happy I could get it to this level!





















No comments:

Post a Comment