Sunday, February 20, 2011

The "Gathering" room








If you look back to some of my older post you will see how this room used to look. It had a juke box, my pedal car collection, and the two chairs that face the lake for a great relaxing view. Well this room was not getting  used to it's best potential. We do sit in the chairs mostly in spring, waiting for the weather to warm up so we can be out side.The windows were just too drafty in winter.. curse those old cheap windows..glad to have new warm ones, that are double hung and so easy to clean. NOW we moved the juke box to the living room, took out the corner banquet eating area in the living room.. we decided to have ONE larger living room, and by swapping  things around it has worked out great. I love the "Tiffany box" blue paint in the room. The view from the new bench is awesome. Don built the back board and bench, and I painted it to match the chairs I had redone a few months ago. I added a mirror on the wall I painted a while back, and the  new white mirror above the bench was a bargain for $16..it was just a gold frame, no mirror.. so I painted it and found a beveled mirror the perfect size. I covered the seat bench, made some pillows for the tan chairs, sewed the little  tab top valance, painted the curtain rod in the blue and cream to match the bench. The rug under the chairs, I was so afraid it was not going to be the right color blue with the fabrics.. BUT everything has just fit together like a glove ! Some of my favorite things.. the spoons.. the single baby spoon on the top right, was Dons baby spoon, all his siblings used it his Mom said. The use of corbels next to the mirror and the blue flocked candle holders, my pink trike, the metal pigs with wings on my white cabinet. So many things I enjoy.  I love being in this room..! Join me for a snack and enjoy the view!

1 comment:

  1. Hi I'm your newest follower, I found you from Pickets Place. I love what you did with framing the spoons and such.

    ReplyDelete