Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Great Freebies !

There was a lake house around the corner cleaning their garage.. A new friend hurried  over to tell me about these FREE goodies laying by the road. Oh now Cathy is  dear one to notice  in a short time that I love trash to treasure. I have wanted one of these for the lake house..but new they run $40 or so. these are 2 ft. across.. well they had been stored some where wet..there was wet dirty, mildew gunk on them. But I tossed them on the golf cart and knew if they didn't clean up I wasn't out any thing..and to get 6..well surely one will be decent cleaned up.. too grungy to tell, and it was pouring rain. Few days later I got some bleachy water..a green scrubby..soaked one for 15 minutes.. and ta daaaaa the gunk  came off so easy..I used the neighbors little  plastic pool his dog uses..now thats clean too! In a snap they were all clean. I got out my paints and went to it.. I can't wait till Don gets home to  help me attach them to the house and garage. I just love a great find..and a NEW friend for finding them..Thanks Cathy.. hope we meet again! Stop by for iced coffee anytime !

No comments:

Post a Comment