Tuesday, July 26, 2022

She Shed revamp with mosaics

  My She Shed/ Babe Cave  originally had white rocks around the base... after  years of  heavy rains and run off.... the rocks were dirty, and some had dissapeared, also having to pull weeds that worked their way thru the underlayment and the rocks..nope.. done... I purchased over 40 , 12 x 12  cement pavers... and it took me all winter and spring to mosaic and paint them.. I did down the entire one side of the SHe Shed in mosiacs, where you see them all the time. Then down the end I did some in mosaic and some were just painted.. the back side next to the property line we never really see, is all painted ones.. I repainted the  pavers where my little chairs sit out on the  "porch", then put  mosaic pavers at both sides of the porch.. I added some painted touches to the fresh paint on the porch area, and repainted the bistro chairs... Poor Don had to  level the area as best he could with out getting to crazy . It didnt have to be perfect, and I just wanted something besides dirty white rocks.. As  I was  plowing thru the neck pain trying to get all the pavers done, I kinda wished I had not taken the project on..what was I thinking.. my neck was in agony...but I powered thru it.. counting each one off the list as I got it done.. Then I thought, poor DOn, what a chore it will be.. and expected it to take a week or more to remove the old and put down the new... BUT happily we did it all in 2 days !!!  Teamwork !!!  NOW I am happy to have tackled it..and I have 4 more  pavers to mosaic and put anywhere I want.. It's sooo hot out now.. those will be  on the work table soon!
























No comments:

Post a Comment